A lot of my learning is from the didi who comes to my place to work. I genuinely look forward to the
evening chat. It is a good way to come out of all the stress in your life
otherwise and find similarities and dissimilarities in life and ponder. I come
to know about the latest home delivery shop around the corner, the not-so-good uncle in the building and also
about the flawed PDS system and how she is denied of her ration at times.
Today was a dull day. I had a bad headache, fever and could
not go to office. She came in the evening and sounded very depressed to see me.
She told me ‘In the last 5 years I have
never seen you this sick’. The emotions in her eye made me want to hug her-
various forms of love and ways of expressing it or maybe when you are sick you
look for that extra bit of love and attention.
What came after that left me stumped. She went about with
her daily chores saying, you were looking so pretty in all your engagement
pictures am sure ‘tumhe nazar lag geya
hai’. And she went about suggesting ways to do away with the nazar. I did try to talk to her about
pollution but she just refused to believe me. Can I really blame her when the
biggest of the world leaders are not ready to believe?!
But why I write this blog is because I am amused how
perspectives are built and how a situation is viewed so differently -maybe
because of the access to education, maybe because of the social circles or
maybe there are other reasons.
Comments
Post a Comment