Among
high raised buildings I stood,
The
crowd exchanging views on corruption
Wearing
the black dress that I perfectly fit in
Toasting
red wine for the nation,
I
suddenly feel ill placed,
My
mind hovering over other places,
Not
the perfect place to let my heart free,
I miss
the innocence and that banyan tree,
red
carpet walkers laughing on whats right and wrong,
The
orchestra did not seem to be playing my fav song.
That
little kid who begged me for her tummy,
must
not have seen this day,
Being
a victim of corrupt practices,
She
probably has a lot to say,
Her
voice may tremble,
But
she can state with facts
Of all
that we presume
She
has been through the cracks.
My
mind wants to be with her probably,
Giving
her confidence to move her tongue,
Insouciantly
dressed,
My
hair not made in the perfect bun.
Silently
would want to bring her up here,
Then
discuss views on corruption,
Hearing
those trembled voices,
I
would then like to lift the toast for the nation!
Comments
Post a Comment