Annoyed man, grumbling;
Questioning the equality that women demands
For being made to stand up from a ladies seat,
Questioning if it hurts differently, our feat?
I smile to the situation,
Creases on my forehead have long been gone
I see those strangers staring at my legs,
I see that man silently clicking my picture
I get pinched at my back,
Or a sudden hit on the track
Because I am a girl,
My body, I am taught to protect
I cover my legs,
Because I am a girl and I should dress properly
I wear my bag pack in the front,
Because I am a girl and I should protect my purity
I look down from the man staring at my legs
Because I am a girl and I am taught to behave like one
That girl who was bending low,
Must not have been giving you a better view
A tummy ache, she must have been going through
To hold her tummy, she must have bent low
For she is a girl, to such wolverine eyes she should learn to grow
For attracting such eyes,
Her morals must be low
For there is no freedom,
If she wants to dress herself in a skirt
For there is no equality at the place she has been brought up
That equality my friend, cannot start in the metro ride
To save herself from those letchy eyes,
She rightfully demands for those two seats at the side.

Comments
Post a Comment