Skip to main content

Chris Martin hugged me!



‘Look up the stars, look how they shine for you’ and I exactly felt like the night sky with the full moon on 2nd July was indeed glowing for me. One should indeed be careful for what they wish. Rhonda Byrne was not totally wrong in her book ‘The Secret’ where she said that if you want something really bad, the whole universe conspires for you to get it.
When I woke up on 2nd July 2015, a blah Thursday morning - my Instagram, Facebook and Twitter newsfeed was full of statuses and tags making me realize that while I was not doing anything much at home the night before; Cris Martin was playing at Summer House Café. I went to office not feeling very great and realizing what I missed. I was listening to his slow number ‘Fix You’ and was trying to cheer myself up.
I remembered my college days and all my emotions with ColdPlay. It was only few days ago that I was discussing with a friend how music is one thing that acts like a perfect time machine. I remember so many different sets of friend and so many various discussions at different point of time while Coldplay always set the mood behind. I remember my friend trying to play the strings and hum to his numbers while we sat on the balcony and discussed our DU life and not-so-certain career ahead.
I remember humming ‘Yellow’ on every starry night with a friend when we took a train for a month to travel around the country and see the real India.
I also remember bonding with new people and talking for hours about music and life once we got comfortable singing ‘Paradise’ together. One reason why I still love the super expensive 'Route04' at Khan Market is because of their music and it is ColdPlay that more often sets the mood.
For all the other rainy days and lazy evenings, my brother would have a perfect Coldplay playlist playing; for though we both have very different taste in music, love for Coldplay is something we both share.
Things have changed now from those carefree days, most of my friends are married, some have gone to different cities and countries and everyone else is in the rat-race to make it to the top. Many of my opinions about life have changed. Many new people have come into my life. In all this, one thing that remained constant is my love for Coldplay and my innumerable college days memories over their numbers.
With all these thoughts occupying different corners of my brain I went out for lunch to the Canteen with my best friend and ordered a special fried rice to cheer ourselves up. Just then, the universe conspired and I got a call from a colleague informing me that Chris Martin will be in office in another 15 min. I remember my exact thought and I know that I will not do justice with words to explain my exact emotion ; we ran!
My excitement reached newer levels when I got a seat right next to Chris Martin. The thought that he came to our office without me having to go anywhere and took a seat right next to me was unbelievable to digest. I knew my brain was not working. I see comments in the social media where they are talking about how the girl on his right looks like she is melting. I wish I could only express in words, the real emotion that I was going through.

I remember his exact smell and the super cool ‘A’ tattoo on his left wrist which made me love him a little more maybe. In my fairy-tale world I imagined the 'A' to stand for Alpaxee. He sat there, next to me for 45 minutes, he chatted with  all my other lovely colleagues and learnt about the work of Oxfam India. Before going, to add the cherry to the cake he gave me a good teddy bear hug, a hug that I will remember my whole life.
It took me days to realize and come to terms with what happened and hence, 15 days later, here I am sitting and trying to pen down what just happened!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fading away

Are we forgetting one of our native industry? Pottery being an age old handicraft, the roots of whose date back to the indus valley civilization seems to be fading away. This very thought kept on disturbing me for quite some time when i finally decided to visit one of the pottery village in the outskirts of delhi called Kumhargram. Here, hundreds of potter families migrated during severe famine from Rajasthan in search for better living condition. Out  of the hundreds of families only a handful could climb a little high on their career lader and the rest remained deprived. Creativity is the life-line of the potters; their unique craftsmanship indicates the artistic manifestation of rural India. If implemented effectively, it could be a sustainable model of development that is artisan led is what got me thinking. Skilled potters have the potential throughout India for constituting a rich human resource base, and common clay, being one of the cheapest raw materials available, hold...

Delhi is an emotion!

I just read a nostalgic post on Mumbai and it reminded me of my Dilli, my Dilli which must have changed significantly in the last 2 years since I last visited, my Dilli which I cannot imagine dull and locked down- I am talking about the Dilli and of the time when it was so busy that it was difficult to find Autos  to return from Select City Walk to Lajpat Nagar- most autos would prefer going towards Qutub and refuse to take the U-turn and therefore you had to cross the road and stand on the other side for good 15-20 min. The next question would be if he would switch on the meter (much before Kejriwal made it compulsory) and after he agrees to constantly keep looking out if he is taking a longer turn ( much before Google Maps) The familiar smile of the guard at 4S Defence Colony where you feel home and the familiar vibe. I remember the time when it was cool to know the best places with ladies night- I still remember Tuesday- Café Morrison, Wednesday- Urban Pind, Thursday- TC. That...

Perspective, Ma'am!

A lot of my learning is from the didi who comes to my place to work. I genuinely look forward to the evening chat. It is a good way to come out of all the stress in your life otherwise and find similarities and dissimilarities in life and ponder. I come to know about the latest home delivery shop around the corner, the not-so-good uncle in the building and also about the flawed PDS system and how she is denied of her ration at times. Today was a dull day. I had a bad headache, fever and could not go to office. She came in the evening and sounded very depressed to see me. She told me ‘ In the last 5 years I have never seen you this sick’. The emotions in her eye made me want to hug her- various forms of love and ways of expressing it or maybe when you are sick you look for that extra bit of love and attention. What came after that left me stumped. She went about with her daily chores saying, you were looking so pretty in all your engagement pictures am sure ‘ tumhe nazar la...